COVID-19 & Telehealth: New Imperatives for Remote Treatment of Diabetes
April 30th at 9am PT / 12pm ET
Tackling the COVID-19 health crisis is requiring the use of telemedicine on a dramatically increased scale. The rapid evolution of this technology, while previously unimaginable, is now poised to permanently transform the delivery of healthcare.
But to realize the full value of telemedicine, in particular for chronic diseases like diabetes, we must go beyond just replacing our reactive, episodic care paradigm with a virtual version of the same broken system. We have the opportunity to advance a new approach for healthcare delivery: proactive care based on continuous inbound data. AI-enabled clinical platforms integrate this data and bring patients to physicians’ attention in real-time, often before they get sick.
This webinar will feature the following expert panelists:
- Francine Kaufman, MD, Former President, American Diabetes Association
- Martin Abrahamson, MD, Former Chief Medical Officer, Joslin Diabetes Center at Harvard
- Bob Ratner, MD, Former Chief Medical Officer, American Diabetes Association
- Shantanu Nundy, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Accolade
- Sami Inkinen, CEO, Virta Health